Saturday, March 21, 2009

Trying to find the words.......


It's been almost three weeks, since my great friend Sandi passed away. I have been trying to put into words what her friendship has meant to me and I am at a loss. Maybe it's just too soon.

There is a memory that stands out in my mind that makes me smile and at the same time breaks my heart, as she isn't here anymore to make new memories with. Our friend Sally and I took Sandi out to see a live theater show called The Rat Pack - Live From the Sands for her birthday. We were truly enjoying the music and she was having so much fun singing and smiling away, and that just made my heart soar seeing her having so much fun!

You see, Sandi had been fighting cancer for a few years, and a better fighter I have not seen. I have so much respect for her for living life with such gusto while fighting this horrible, horrible disease - what an inspiration. The last song of the night was My Way - and I looked over at her and she was sitting on the edge of her seat, singing with all her might with tears streaming down her face. It was a very bittersweet moment for me then and now.

That was her song - definitely...She lived her life, her way and anyone that crossed paths with her, was all the better for having known her and I for one, feel honored, blessed and grateful to have had her friendship, guidance and love.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing that, cathi. I only got to meet Sandi once, and am so grateful I did.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the smile - pass it along! xxoo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin