Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Living In A Dream: My Weekend Home...

It's not the dude ranch of my childhood dreams, but it is my kind of ranch for this adult dreamer. A quick 45 minute jaunt up the freeway from my house and I am at my weekend home. It is a beautiful drive also, coming around the bend seeing the ocean so vast and gorgeous right before your eyes. It doesn't hurt that it's right in one of my favorite areas in the whole world - Santa Barbara...I just love it there. What a perfect place to have a girlfriend weekend or a romantic getaway or even your own little hideaway from the world if you need some alone time. I am a big loner at times, so this option is especially appealing to me. Curling up by the fire - reading a book or watching a movie, taking a stroll on the beach or a hike and then topping it off with a nice relaxing dinner and to make it perfect for me a nice hot bubble bath with candles all around! Ahhhh.....I can picture it now.....
Check out the photo gallery, you will fall in love:

UPDATE: In this weekly series that I have started, I am going to feature places that I would like to call my home, even if, it's just for a few days,weeks or months. I can dream big right?

8 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, are you serious?? absolutely beautiful!!! why is it not your permanent home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Olivia Rae - I am definitely teasing, hence my title - Living In A Dream - each week I feature someplace that I would like to call my home..:) It's beautiful isn't it? Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is beautiful! Your blog is so creative and charming! I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mommy dearest!

    How about turning this dream into a reality...just a thought!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful home! looking forward to the rest of this feature! Have a sweet day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this new series ~ I will take this one for the rest of my vacation...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I'm a loner too. :) I used to do so many things by myself. Now my bf and I are loners together, but one thing I have always loved, is going to the movies by myself. I loved getting lost in them and no pressure of talking about it after...but contemplating on the drive home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mom lives in Santa Barbara. It really is a wonderful place to go.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the smile - pass it along! xxoo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin