Tuesday, October 20, 2009

a read that will make you smile..


I love Mariel Hemingway. Not the actress, but the person. I read her book Healthy Living from the Inside Out - several times, and I still refer to it. I just adore that book, her writing and how she doesn't pretend like she has it all together but whole heartedly admits she is a work in progress and has been so for many years. She has been fighting the demons of the Hemingway family for many years and I admire her very much so. She also happens to live nearby and I pass her in the grocery store quite often, but I just smile and move on...not wanting to intrude.


This morning I read her blog entry Becoming, Laughing, and Being Me. It was wonderful, and it reminded me so much of myself when I was going thru a new phase in my life - that of a newly divorced single mom. I also had been in a long term marriage - 2o years and I had lost myself. It took a few years to find myself again - it wasn't easy, I felt lost for a long while, but had a wonderful support system with my friends and family. I also found love again, not long after and one of the main thing's that made me fall in love with Alex was he made me laugh, he made my heart soar, he gave me the encouragement to be myself and always would tell me that I could do anything that I wanted - that it was in me. Thru his friendship and then love, he made me believe in myself again. I hope you enjoy Mariel's story it is awesome, and goes to show that in many many ways - we are all alike!

6 comments:

  1. It's great when you can make a connection like that to someone you have never met. I bet she would love to hear it. Why don't you stop her next time you see her and tell her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww it sounds like an amazing book! you've read eat pray love right??

    and alex sounds like a gem. someone who makes you laugh and encourages you to be yourself and do what makes you happy is all you need.


    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Alex did exactly the same thing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hit the button too fast again. . .

    But the message is the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful story Cathi ~ I will head on over and read her blog entry now. I always told Trev that he was the one that makes my heart happy ~ and I still feel the same way today. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know that much about her but anyone who is honest with their struggles earns my respect. xoxo

    SC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the smile - pass it along! xxoo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin