Monday, October 19, 2009

"there's something about the hands of an artist"

" there is something about the hands of an artist" - robert redford


"To the illuminated mind the whole world burns and sparkles with light." Emerson


May the sun bring you new energy by day, May the moon softly restore you by night, May the rain wash away your worries, May the breeze blow new strength into your being, May you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life. - apache blessing


"Go up on the roof at night in this city of the soul. Let everyone climb on their roofs and sing their notes! Sing loud! " -rumi



I was browsing at Sundance Catalog and came across an artist who I have loved for a long long time, Jeanine Payer: "Artist Jeanine Payer sifts through archives unearthing quotations of universal significance and snippets of poetry that summon powerful emotions. The words, hand engraved on precious metals in a diminutive version of her own graceful script, endow her delicate pieces with a kind of magic, so that each takes on the allure of a talisman graced with both beauty and wisdom."



If you know one thing about me, know that I am a silver and quotes girl from way back when. I just adore the casual simplicity of the jewelry - I think I rubbed off a little on my daughter as we both love the same kind of jewelry (which comes in handy.) Although I don't own any of Jeanine's jewelry, if I could choose a few pieces, the ones above are my faves! Check out all the artists at Sundance - they are fabulous!

14 comments:

  1. Oh, I really love these necklaces and the sentiments behind them....beautiful. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I am a fan of this type of piece too- I used to have a silver bracelet with inspirational quotes on it. Its a great way to remind yourself of those important messages throughout the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are simply amazing! Thanks for the share--I just adore them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a big fan of Payer, too. I have spent many a time poring over the Sundance jewelry catalog and loving her work. So, so beautiful. xoxo Gigi

    PS I'm a silver jewelry girl, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen these before. Amazing stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - these are really beautiful. I love that Apache saying - really great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are beautiful! I am like you and love quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cover Jeanine Payer jewelry and have done for years just like you! My 10th wedding anniversary is next year and I plan to ask for a ring or necklace :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They really are beautiful, I just want to touch them.

    The quotes are reallly gorgeous too.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are beautiful Cathi....such lovely words.

    Have a great week :)

    PS Watching any good films this week, anything you have loved recently....I know you have great movie taste? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE these. The sundance catalog has the most pretty, organic jewelry. I just adore it all. Especially these with their beautiful words.
    XX Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm still learning stuff about you. Those are the best kinds of friends, IMO! XXOO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the smile - pass it along! xxoo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin