Monday, August 1, 2011

hello august....

One of the many things that I am looking forward to doing this August especially after reading article from Elizabeth Minchilli, is to head over to L'Isola del Cinema, an outdoor film festival in Rome on Tiber Island.  It seems the main attractions though are the many bars & restaurants set up along the Tiber River banks.  Doesn't that sound like a fun and romantic evening?

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!  I had some nice visits with my senior friends, went bike riding and on a few walks, and Stephanie made a wonderful vegan penne pasta with vodka sauce!


Have a great week, everyone!

8 more days!!!
xxoo


UPDATE: Here is the link for the Vegan Penne Pasta with Vodka Sauce  - we use brown rice pasta to make it gluten free.

6 comments:

  1. what a romantic way to spend an evening...looking forward to hearing about that and your entire trip. It's been MANY (and I do mean many) since I was in Rome at age 16. Envy you!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you are a lucky, lucky girl! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please report back on this idea! Sounds marvelous....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today has been hot, sunny and clear blue skies but,you can never guarantee that it will stay that way over here.
    Sounds as if you had a lovely weekend Cathi and, Stephanie's sauce sound's delicious. Any chance of the recipe or is it a closely guarded family secret recipe ?!! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vodka sauce sounds like something right up my alley!! Sounds like a great week-end and I love hearing about your vacation plans. You are going to have such a wonderful time. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. SHERRY - I am looking forward to reporting my escapades!

    TRACY - I am a lucky girl, for sure!

    DEBI - I will definitely report on my findings!

    JACKIE - I put the recipe link on the post below. Keep that sunny London weather for me, pretty please!

    LORI - The vodka sauce was very tasty! I am super excited about our trip, I better start making my list of things to pack and do beforehand!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the smile - pass it along! xxoo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin