Sunday, July 29, 2012

random thoughts....

 
Watched the opening ceremony for the Olympics
and loved every minute of it - it made me miss London
and brought a few tears to my eyes too!

We were to leave in a few weeks for our London
and Barcelona vacation, but have decided to
postpone it. We don't really feel like flying so
far until Alex is feeling a bit better - we're
bummed about it, but have decided to take some
time off and head somewhere closer. My
wheels are turning already - and I have a very
cool place in mind. You know the saying
"when life gives you lemons, make lemonade"
(and I'll have vodka in mine..)

 
 
Today I spent the day being a domestic goddess in the
kitchen and just relaxing at home with Alex and Steff.
It was nice and felt really good, just hanging out. I took
a few walks around the neighborhood too, saying
hello to all the neighbors and their cute dogs...
 
 
Steff is getting her belongings organized as she moves
up to northern California next month, trying to decide
what to take, what to toss and what to keep here.
Exciting times ahead yet bittersweet all in one.
 
 
These photos that I have posted here are of a quaint
town on the coast of central California called San Luis
Obispo. It's about a 2 1/2 drive from my house
 
 
and it's where I will be heading next weekend for an overnight
visit with my mom and sis. I was suppose to go up north
last weekend with Steff to her college orientation and
to visit my family, but I wanted to stick close to Alex.
So they have agreed to meet me halfway, which
just happens to be in this charming town.
 
 
My sis has always wanted to stay at this hotel called the
Apple Farm, so we are meeting up there. There is always
a lot of laughter when my mom, sis and I get together
and a whole lot of love (and teasing.) I can't wait to see them!

 
Smile, be kind and enjoy each moment

 
xxoo

(photos via here)
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Michelle in N. CalJuly 30, 2012 at 9:01 AM

    Enjoy your times in SLO. I've always wanted to stay at the Apple Farm too! We watched the Opening Ceremonies yesterday and loved every minute. We spent a month over there this summer ... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK ~ get out of my head ~ I chuckled when I saw your blog title!! I too enjoyed the opening ceremonies Cathi and thought about Simone & Jackie ~ they were both so so excited and I can't blame them. I understand why you postponed your trip ~ wait until you both are comfortable going. Your week-end sounds like it is going to be so much fun and what a quaint little town. Have a wonderful week my friend ~ hugs and love to you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that looks like a fantastic place! You go to the neatest places. But, you could come to Phoenix!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the smile - pass it along! xxoo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin