Thursday, February 7, 2013

cheers to the weekend....


Last weekend my mom, sis and I took a quick girls getaway to Catalina Island. Needless to say, we had a fabulous time.  Whenever we are together there is an abundance of laughter, admittedly so there is alot of teasing going on and that is what makes it so much fun!  We explored the island by foot, golf cart and electric bikes - it was so refreshing getting around without a car. I was the designated driver of the golf cart and we were tooling around town, going up some curvy roads, exploring some cool neighborhoods, pulling over on the side of the mountain tops to take a photo or watch a group of ladies fly thru the air on a zip line.  My sis really wanted to do it - but I am a big chicken when it comes to flying thru the air on a thin wire 500 feet up, definitely not on this girls bucket list!  It was fun to watch though and if you're into that kind of thing check out their website.  I really enjoyed  looking at all the beautiful tile work that was everywhere!  The rest of our trip consisted of bocce bowling, hitting up the candy store for some late night treats, enjoying a nice wine and appetizer happy hour at our Bed and Breakfast while chatting with the other guests and the owners of the B&B - truly one of my favorite thing about traveling to new places are the people that you meet.  Everywhere we went people were so friendly and that truly makes all the difference in the world.  A few of the nights we hit up a few bars to listen to Karaoke - that was so much fun.  We met a cute couple at our B&B from the midwest and met up with them at the Karaoke Bar later in the evening.  We were hoping they would show up as the lady Shelley said she loved to Karaoke - however her boyfriend had never sung before but she needed him to sing the male part of Jackson by Johnny Cash and June Carter - I thought he did a pretty good job and was a good sport!  
Here is a sampling of their song:   



A fabulous girls getaway was had by all and we had just enough time after taking the ferry boat back to get my mom and sis to the airport.  I was happy it was Super Bowl Sunday as the LA traffic was very light that day, allowing us to get to the airport on time!


I can't believe it's been a week already, the good part is 

it's time to enjoy another weekend - yippee!!!


CHEERS TO THE WEEKEND, EVERYONE!


xxoo


4 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a great getaway! Nothing better than laughter with loved ones and sharing those moments that turn into memories.

    And that couple were pretty good..you can tell she enjoys it and he was a good sport to go along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to go to Catalina--now I want to go even more! I also want to try ziplining. It looks scary, but fun!

    Karaoke, on the other hand, is waaaay too scary for me, although I love listening to other folks doing it!

    These photos are gorgeous, Cathi, and a far cry from the crazy snow storm we're experiencing here in the Northeast right now! Happy Weekend, my friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing better than a girls' weekend away! Must have been so much fun, especially in such a beautiful place.

    Wishing you a lovely weekend....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great weekend Cathi ~ love that you are about to get away with your Mom and sis ~ more memories made I am sure. Happy weekend sweet friend. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the smile - pass it along! xxoo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin