Monday, February 25, 2013

my cheeks are still hurting...


This past weekend I went to Tucson, Arizona

for a family reunion with my dad's family.

 We've been having reunions every few years lately,

as most of my aunts and uncles are in their 80's and 90's.  I hadn't

been to a reunion in many years, but did see alot

of my family at my dad's memorial seven years ago.

There is one thing about family and that is: no matter how long

it's been since you've seen them, you pick up just where you left

off all those years ago.  My dad's family has always been so much

fun to be around - my cheeks are still hurting from laughing so hard.

The last night we were together, alot of us were up until the wee hours

of the morning just talking and laughing.  At one point, I was holding

my head it hurt so bad from laughing (or that could of been from a shot

or two of a delicious cinnamon whiskey called Fireball.) Haha....

It was a weekend that I truly needed and I am so glad that I went!

I hope everyone has a fabulous week!

xxoo

3 comments:

  1. There is no better hurt than the kind we get from laughing too hard. God I love that feeling. I get that alot with hubby, even when he's not trying to be funny. :)
    Glad you're back safe and sound.
    Leslie (Gwen Moss)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fireball shots and laughter ~ sounds like the perfect weekend to me Cathi. So happy that you were able to get off that emotional roller coaster that you have been on lately and let loose and smile. Hugs to you sweet friend ~ hope you have the most wonderful weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quote. It is all in us to be HAPPY.

    Thanks for the good thoughts as the weekend begins.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the smile - pass it along! xxoo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin