Tuesday, September 17, 2013

hello, hello....



This title reminds me of that song (that I now have stuck in my head)

"Hello hello, I like your smile

Hello hello, shall we talk awhile?"

Hello, Hi, How are you?

I have been away from this blog for awhile 

but I'm getting my blog footing back

so I will be posting more often now.



A few weeks ago, I was up in Northern California visiting my kids and Stephanie

and I had lunch with one of my oldest friends who just happens to live in the same

town that Stephanie goes to school in - Santa Cruz.  I hadn't got together with Mary in

over 10 years, as she had been living in Kauai - but she is back on the mainland

and I couldn't be more excited!  It is such a wonderful feeling when you get together

with a person you haven't seen in ages and it's just like old times.


I was especially excited as I wanted her and Stephanie to get to know each other as they

live in the same town now and share similar interests.  We had the best afternoon

ever!  My heart was singing when we left - it just felt so good hanging out with her -

laughing, catching up and kind of getting to know the older versions of ourselves,

although not too much has really changed truth be told!


 

These photos are of her place.  She has a small cottage on her friends 2 acre property

out in the country - they have dogs, cats, horses, goats, chickens and a garden that is

 BEYOND AMAZING!

She picked veggies from the garden and cooked up some salmon and we dined outside

under the grapevine pergola and enjoyed the afternoon together.  I hadn't realized how 

much I had missed her until I spent that afternoon with her.  It made my heart swell and

had me smiling the rest of the weekend.

We have promised each other not to let so much

time slip away before we see each other again.  I look forward to seeing her again soon!

This summer was a tough one for many different reasons

 it was also filled with lots of fun times with my 

family and friends - I am extremely grateful for these

 times with the people that mean the most to me!

I am feeling much better all around and looking

 forward to sharing more stories  with you!

CHEERS TO ENJOYING EACH MOMENT IN LIFE 
(even in tough times there are lessons to be learned!)

xxoo

4 comments:

  1. Your afternoon with Mary sounded idyllic and her cottage looks lovely in such an amazing setting. It really is lovely to catch up with old friends isn't it Cathi ? I still see two of my oldest friends ..... one that I've known for 57 years and one for 50 years { ..... that sounds scary !!!! }
    So sorry to hear that things have been tough lately and hope that things are improving.
    Much love Cathi and take care. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous cottage your friend Mary lives in--swooning over the succulents growing out of the jewelry box! Isn't it great to see friends we've lost touch with? There's nothing better than finding out that there is still so much love there, sometimes even more.

    Hope you're enjoying the fall and glad you're back blogging!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reconnecting with friends that I have not seen for awhile and it sounds like you had a wonderful visit. Summer is busy and we should all be out living instead of inside blogging anyway ~ nice to see you back. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been missed! So happy to see you back -- and know that you've been spending time with those you love! Yes...spending time with an old friend, one you haven't seen for awhile and how easy it is to pick up where you left off as if no time has passed at all! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the smile - pass it along! xxoo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin