Tuesday, October 6, 2015

UK Road Trip: Holdsworth House



Hello again - Last June we went on a fabulous road trip with a couple

of our friends who are from the UK.  Our friend Chris is from the West

Yorkshire area and we were meeting them there as he was celebrating his

Mum's 95th birthday.  We were there last summer also and absolutely

loved the area, and more importantly his wonderful family and friends,

so we were really looking forward to returning.




I found a wonderful place to stay for a few days and was so excited

when we pulled up to Holdsworth House.  I was hooked from that

moment and this was only the back of the hotel!




After we were all checked in and unpacked, our friends along

with their friends all met us at our hotel and we had a few

drinks in the garden of the hotel before we were off to dinner.



We were pretty lucky weather-wise, as it only rained for a short time

the three days that we were there.  Unfortunately it rained on the day,

a wedding reception was supposed to be in the garden, so they moved it

indoors.  I don't think anyone in the wedding party minded one bit - as we

were chatting with several of the people in the wedding party before they

were off to the wedding.  Later that evening while one of us was enjoying

a leisurely evening of relaxing in a tub of bubbles, the other one of us may or may not

have crashed the wedding reception - it was the highlight of the trip for one of us.

Thankfully everyone at the wedding was in 

good spirits that night and  it turned out just fine.



I could have just sat in this garden for days

gazing at all the beauty



But our friends had other plans




for the next few days we celebrated a 95th birthday



Went to many villages and enjoyed the rides thru

the rolling green hills, truly such a beautiful place




Not surprisingly we stopped at many a pub along the way

and sat outside near some lovely canals and rivers




It was such a lovely time visiting our friend Chris' 

childhood friends, they were so wonderful to us

this year and last year on our visit there



my favorite part of traveling is meeting new people


and with these people

there was no shortage of laughter


I loved getting up early and going down for

some tea, just taking in all the beautiful objects

that were in each room


I felt like I was on a movie set - as it

didn't seem like real life to me




It was fun reading about all the exciting people that have stayed here

who also happen to be some of my favorites of all time

The Beatles



And Jamie Oliver - love him!!



It is also where one of my new favorite shows filmed a few 

episodes  - The Last Tango in Halifax.  I read about it

at the hotel so when I got home - I started watching it from

the beginning and I am hooked!!  Plus it was fun that I was

able to recognize a lot of the places that they filmed at.


This was my favorite breakfast seat 

love the window and the view!!



We had a cozy room with a 

lovely dormer window which we had open most of the time 

 it was so nice sleeping with the windows open and this

view from there wasn't bad either!



This beautiful door - I found myself pounding on it the first night we 

arrived, as our friends kept us out too late and we were locked out

At one point I was thinking we would be sleeping on the garden lawn...haha..

But thankfully, the desk clerk heard my pounding and opened the door


A lot of fun memories were made there that we will never forget





After three days in the West Yorkshire area

we rented a mini van with our friends and 

headed to Liverpool and Southport 

to meet the family members of our friend Sandra

in her hometown

and to visit with our friends that had just moved back

to Manchester after living in Los Angeles for 25 years.



To be continued soon......


Aside from this fabulous trip, I was able to fly up each month this summer to

cuddle with my new little love, my granddaughter, Olivia....she definitely fills

my heart with so much joy and she is growing so quickly!!  I can't wait to see her

again, but it most likely won't be for a few more months......thankfully her wonderful

parents keep me updated with lovely photos and videos.......and when she's a little

older we will become Face Time buddies....:)



Enjoy each moment, friends 

xxoo


1 comment:

  1. Oh Cathy ..... sounds as if you had a wonderful time .... I've never been there !!
    Have a great time in London ...... the weather is good at the moment but it will probably change ..... pack your woolies !!!!! XXXX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the smile - pass it along! xxoo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin