Friday, September 23, 2011

cheers to the weekend....

This has been an interesting week for me, as I made a commitment to myself to walk 5.2 miles daily for 30 days (at least) half of it in the morning and half of it after work.  I am happy to say that I have succeeded so far, however that little girl on my shoulder telling me to stay in bed would not let up - every single day, she tried to tempt me, but the cheerleader on the other shoulder did her job well and lifted me right out of my comfy bed. I have to tell you that it feels so good, to do all of this walking, it's just hard to get moving in the morning!

This morning a tv/film crew were filming at the park - they were in the center of  the park, but all the trucks and electrical wires were everywhere.  It's fascinating to see how many people it takes to film one little scene and how many hours it takes - from the security men, electrical & sound trucks, wardrobe & makeup trucks, all the food trucks and tables (and most of it looked pretty healthy to me). I have no idea what it was they were filming, but it was interesting to have something to watch while I was doing my walk - and oh what a beautiful morning it has been! My evening walks have been so nice too - the weather is cooler by that time and watching all the little kids play soccer is so much fun too!

I don't have alot of plans this weekend - except to visit my elderly friends, explore a new park, maybe get coffee with a friend or two, but I am definitely keeping with my walking routine for absolute sure - it feels too good to stop!

Have a beautiful weekend everyone!
Be kind to everyone, especially yourself!
xxoo

(photo via here)

2 comments:

  1. Good for you--getting up early is not my gift, so I really have to hand it to you for such perseverance!

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for you Cathi with keeping at it. I would go for 2 days or 3 then stay comfy in bed ~ I just know it! We were lucky enough to see them filming a scene while we were in NYC ~ it was amazing to see how much it takes. Hope you are having a wonderful week-end. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the smile - pass it along! xxoo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin