Wednesday, January 30, 2013

catalina here we come...


Ok well not until Friday, but I am getting super excited,
as my mom, sis and I are having a girls getaway to a pretty
cool place that I have been wanting to see for quite a while!


Catalina Island is about 22 miles off the coast of Los Angeles and
only about an hour boat ride - I am bringing some ginger pills
just in case the water is a bit choppy - crossing my fingers it isn't!


The town has around 4,000 residents year round and very few
are allowed to have cars (there is quite a long waiting list for it, like decades)
 Most peoples mode of transportation there are golf carts or bikes. (We will
be cruising around town in a cool golf cart!) I haven't driven one of those in
35 years when I worked at a huge landscaping nursery in San Francisco. 


I don't think we'll be doing any sun bathing, but a nice walk on the
beach would be fun, weather permitting!


We don't really have anything planned (or at least I don't) but I am
sure my sis has a few things up her sleeve for us to do.



CHEERS TO THE WEEKEND!
a little bit early - but hey, I'm excited!

Have a wonderful end of the week and

weekend, be good to yourself and

smile at a stranger, we all need that!

xxoo

(photos via here)

9 comments:

  1. Oh Cathi, this looks like a beautiful place, what a great time you will have...take some photos for me please!!

    I know I owe you an email, so sorry....it's been a very full-on month, I'm being challenged to full capacity as a parent ;) Help me!! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the suspense and the anticipation of a getaway is as much fun as the actual time away! Sounds like you're going to have a lovely weekend...sometimes having nothing planned is the best way to go -- then you are open to all the experiences that come your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Catalina sounds like the perfect weekend getaway! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect getaway! Enjoy every minute and be careful on those golf carts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW....how exciting Cathi. I could do with a bit of that warm sunshine !!! It's not that warm here to say the least !!!! haha
    Have a wonderful time with your mum and sister . It looks a lovely place so, we want all of the gossip with photos when you return !! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun.. sounds like a wonderful gateaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of getting away and not having a packed agenda. Those have been some of my best vacations. I hope you relax and breath in lots of fresh ocean air.. Cathi.
    Leslie (aka Gwen Moss)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been following along with you on Instagram ~ what a great weekend you are having! I love the idea of no cars ~ golf carts and bikes sound like so much fun. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the smile - pass it along! xxoo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin