Friday, October 18, 2013

a date with myself....


Last Saturday I took myself on a little early evening adventure

to a pretty cool restaurant in Venice, Ca called Gjelina.



I had read about this delicious salted caramel butterscotch pudding

that they make and just had to try it.  So I took a nice drive over

Topanga Canyon and drove along the coast enjoying the ocean view -

there is nothing more peaceful and beautiful than the ocean,

especially in the early evening hours.  I arrived just in time, right

when their dinner started and just before the mad rush - whew!

  the ambiance was gorgeous - rustic yet casually elegant.

Just my cup of tea!



I had never been to this part of Venice, so I was happily surprised

at all the fabulous shops and restaurants on this street - I am definitely

going back to do some more exploring again.  Loved it!


 I was sat at a community table with a few other people, and I truly

enjoyed that.  It's always nice to meet new people and chat away.

One couple was visiting from back east and another couple

were local - so the stories were interesting from both parties!


Loved the outdoor patio - a much coveted spot


I had a delicious pomodoro pizza - the crust was so light and the grilled

broccolini with garlic and chile was divine!




"the piece de resistance"  - the salted caramel butterscotch pudding

was everything I had imagined it to be and more!

My dinner date with myself was a success!



 After dinner, I took a nice leisurely stroll down a few blocks

checking out the neighborhood. On the way home,

I stopped at the beach and watched the sunset - it never gets old!

A great evening all in all.  I went home with a very full tummy

and a big smile on my face!


Cheers to a fabulous weekend, friends!

xxoo




5 comments:

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

What a wonderful restaurant Cathi and everything looks so delicious...... I reckon you'll be going back time after time !! XXXX

Sherry Smyth said...

I'm so glad that you ventured out to try the dessert and had a lovely meal as well...I love that you just decided to do this, for yourself, with yourself. Brava! xo

simone antoniazzi said...

That dessert has my name written all over it!!

What a lovely time you had, gorgeous photos Cathi, it sounds wonderful....isn't it fun going somewhere by yourself sometimes?

I hope you are well, I've been thinking of you recently, wondering how you & Alex are. How exciting that you are off to NYC...a long awaited & much deserved trip - Autumn in New York, it doesn't get better than that!!

Have a lovely week-end Cathi Xx

Lori said...

I was so excited when I saw you were there from your IG feed. What a gorgeous spot Cathi ~ I can see why you wanted to check it out and that dessert looks to die for ~ yum! Happy weekend sweet friend. xo

Leslie Harris said...

A date with yourself? Cathi I'm in love with that phase. It's such a wonderful expression of self care when you think about it. And I'm not sure why, but I've never gone to a nice restaurant to dine alone, although now it is something I really want to do. BTW--that dessert looks amazing.
xo
Leslie

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin