Monday, November 25, 2013

thankful....

 
As challenging and heartbreaking that this year has been in many ways, I've always been extremely thankful for the many blessings it has had too (especially two little baby boys named Hudson and Mateo).  These past few weeks have been very stressful to say the least with our friend Rocco being in a coma and both Alex and I coming down with that awful stomach flu that tends to hit us each year around this time - we are on the mend and so grateful to be feeling healthy again.  Our friend Rocco's family had been torn apart many years ago by the death of his mother, niece & grandfather to a drunk driver. Tragedies either bring families together or they pull them apart as we all well know.  For years I've been hearing about his family, and although he loves them dearly, they also drove him crazy at times.  I met them for the first time a few weeks ago in his hospital room and I absolutely loved all of them and as much as he didn't feel their love thru the years, I have to tell you that they have been by his bedside daily since he went in for his operation and thru this ordeal his family totally come together.  I keep thinking that I can't wait until he wakes up to tell him how much his family has been there for him...hours each day sitting by his bedside, talking to him, reading to him, telling stories and then driving a few hours back home, not to mention taking care of his day to day duties with his home and bills.  That is love to me and as messy as it gets at times - it's still there.  No matter what happens they are family!  I talk to his sister several times a day and yesterday she told me that he opened his eyes and was somewhat aware of his surroundings.  That made my heart soar - I can't tell you how happy that made me feel and also so very thankful! He is still fighting a very uphill battle though. No matter what is going on in your life - like the saying above goes - there is always something to be thankful for! 
 
Happy Monday, Friends
 
xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the smile - pass it along! xxoo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin