Wednesday, October 14, 2009

sometimes you find...

Sometimes you find
an artist, whose images or words

inspire you

make you smile

make your heart sing

I have found that in Rodney White's work. I just adore them all and have a few of these in my office, they never fail to make me smile or think. Here is an excerpt from his website:


"I try to express my aspiration to live my best life, through my fascination with poetry, typography, numerology, vintage signs and advertising design. And through this method I try to encourage others to do the same. This is my way of learning, teaching, and inspiring.

I also love the natural deterioration of things, whether they are surfaces or objects. Things that have developed an aged, experienced look. Dirty things like antique labels, vintage posters and old books. Art will be around a long time to come- and what better messages to leave behind. No one ever gets tired of feeling good....No one should. "

7 comments:

  1. Ooooo, I love these too, and they would go in any home.....really like them a lot ! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the coolest looking signs and I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are fantastic and so utterly YOU! XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially LOVE the last two lines of his quote. So true and inspiring. Thanks for sharing his work, Cathi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic artist. I am off to visit his site! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely! Such "happy" art, I love that!!

    :) T

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these. Kind of vintage shop sign-ish. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the smile - pass it along! xxoo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin