Monday, November 14, 2011

a cool project....


I have been having the best time working on a Christmas project for someone in my household namely my travel companion and partner in life - so if you're lurking about Alex (which I don't think you are) turn away now or your surprise will be ruined!  haha...I have put the last 4 years of our vacations in hardcover bound books that I did on the Blurb.com website - so easy to do!  I am still working on my last one, but I am really pleased with how they turned out.  Excellent quality!  I always give Alex books for Christmas, so this will be a nice gift that he will truly enjoy looking at.  They are all my photos that I have taken (and although I am not a photographer) the photos definitely trigger all of our fabulous memories.  And the best part is they also have an IPad version of the book (and it's very inexpensive!) which I have given to myself, so I have copies of them too!  So if you'd like to make a quick gift for a loved one - I highly recommend this project!


Have a fabulous week!
xxoo

6 comments:

  1. Oh Cathi,
    What a wonderful idea.....Alex will LOVE it.
    .....and, such a lovely way to preserve your memories of such wonderful places. I think I must check this out !
    Hope you and your family are well.....I have missed a few of your posts as I had to have my computer looked at ..... AGAIN !!
    Hopefully, I'm back on track now.
    Have a lovely week. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, cathi! I hope I get to see them before long! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous and what a great keepsake for your memories ~ I am heading over there now to check them out! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a terrific idea-- I don't know where I would start though. So much I would love to have recorded in a book. Have you ever talked to anyone who turned their blog into a book?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea, off to check this out! X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the smile - pass it along! xxoo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin