Saturday, May 4, 2013

day 4: a favorite quote....




"The most beautiful adventures are not those we go to seek"


I am a quote girl from way back when.  Even before the internet, 

I had a quotations dictionary that I always went to for inspiration.

The above quote has been on my top ten list of  fave quotes for well

over 30 plus years, as it describes my life perfectly.

I like to describe myself as "living life by the seat of my pants"

as that is what I have mainly done.  I've never been one to make

alot of plans, I just lived my life and followed my heart without

really thinking about long term plans.  I guess just  "living in the

moment" has always been my life.  To this day, when I leave my

house - I never know where I am going to end up.  I start out

going one place and end up in a totally different place.  Impulsive -

yep that's definitely me!  But you know what?  It works for me and

my life and I wouldn't have it any other way.

The following photo doesn't have anything to do with this quote - see

I'm straying from my original plan.....haha - but it was too precious not

to share.  Little cousins Mason and Mia playing  Grammy's piano (or

as Mason calls her Mamu...)



HERE'S TO MANY BEAUTIFUL ADVENTURES FOR US ALL!
(planned or otherwise!)

xxoo

6 comments:

  1. I love this one Cathi ~ you and I are quote sisters from way back! The picture is too precious NOT to share. Happy weekend sweet friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quote Cathi, one I haven't heard before....and perfect for what your life philosophy always seems to be....I love your attitude.

    Have a great week-end X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree...unplanned adventures can be as exciting, if not more, than the ones we carve out. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quote. When I met my husband he said our lives would be one big adventure. It was the best 'unplanned' meeting of my life and our adventures continue after 10 years of marriage. I'm not impulsive and quite the creature of habit really, but every few yers I like a really big shake up and to start a new adventure.

    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog through the Blog Every Day in May Challenge! :)

    I think it's great to find someone who has lived a life unplanned and is enjoying it or loving it! I'm in a big season of uncertainty and everyone seems to want answers, but I have none. I have no idea what tomorrow holds -- but that's okay! Sometimes life is the most interesting when it's unpredictable. Thanks for sharing!

    http://www.chimerikal.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm visiting to say hello from the Blog Everyday in May Challenge. This quote is so true, throwing caution to the wind brings far more rewarding adventures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the smile - pass it along! xxoo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin